Friday, January 23, 2015

Easy Winged Eyeliner


Hello Beauties! 
So a question I get asked very frequently is how do I perfect my winged eyeliner? So I figured I'd take this opportunity to teach everyone through a series of pictures. Although I change the way my liquid liner looks often depending on my look, this is probably the most wearable way for most people. First and foremost, liquid liner comes on after all eyeshadow has been completed unless you're doing a cut crease or you want to define your outer corner more and you need your wing as a guide. Secondly, liquid, gel, or any other top lid liner comes on before mascara. This will ensure that you get as close to your lash line as possible and that you can see of course and not have your long lashes in the way! For me, it took months and months of practice! I still do struggle sometimes with my liquid liner but for the most part, I think I got is mastered. With this, I recommend that you never give up no matter what because practice makes perfect in this case! Now, lets get started!  

What I use:


My ALL TIME holy grail liquid liner is this one from NYC, I know what you're thinking. How could this cheap and underestimated liner be my favorite? Well I absolutely love the consistency of it and in my opinion it is very easy to use, especially for beginners and not to mention its about $3-4 at the drugstore. It also lasts all day and does not smudge and also dries very fast so your'e not sitting there forever waiting to move on. The tip is a thin brush which I also scrape on the sides of the tube to make it even thinner which allows for maximum control. I recommend this to everyone and I've had positive feedback from them. It's really a win win! 


Here i have finished my eyeshadow completely and I am ready or my wing! I also do not have any mascara on,as that should come after. 


First Step:

The first line you want to make is from the outer corner of your eye and flick the brush up. The trick here is to follow the natural curve of your waterline of your eye so your wing fits your eye shape and looks the most flattering. You can drag it out to be as long as you'd like or as short. 



Second Step:

The second line you want to make will go from the middle of the first line all the way towards the middle of you eye. Here you can choose if you want to make this line straight or add some curvature. I decided to curve this line to make it more cat like. I recommend that you make this line this as you can always thicken it up later in the next few steps. 

Third Step:

Next, you want to continue that line along the whole lash line, connecting the inner and outer corner to create one fluid line. This part is very easy to mess up so take your time and be patient. 


Fourth Step:

Next, all you need to do is to fill in the triangle that you have made with all of the connecting lines. Make this as dark as possible. 


Fifth Step:

This is the last step before mascara. All you do is thicken up the lid line to create a fluid line with no dips if that makes any sense. I usually do this by drawing another line from the triangle that I filled in all the way to my inner corner. I try to make this line as clean as possible, with no jagged edges. Make sure to dip your brush and scrape the sides again when doing this final step. 

This is how it looks with my eye open with no mascara.



Now just add mascara and you're done!







I hope this helped! Until next time, XO. 









No comments:

Post a Comment